- The School held a very successful Careers in Sport LIVE employability event – one of only five in the country – on 11th February. Keynote speakers included Dr Steve Ingham (Director of Science & Technical Development at the English Institute of Sport) and alumnus Adam Housley (Technical Scout at Sunderland FC). Four other graduates were invited speakers: Leanne Woodhead (Notts FA), Paul Cook (Frontier Physical Conditioning), Aaron Hall (Macmillan Cancer Support) and Chris Turner (Table Tennis England).
- The School Rep (Melissa Poole) and SDC Course Rep (Tom Ash) organised a charity row and bike ride in support of the Adam Gibbons Foundation Fund on 23rd February.
- Staff, students and graduates ran an off-ice development camp for the National Ice Skating Association which included fitness tests and strength and conditioning, sports psychology and anti-doping workshops.
- Students and staff ran workshops for primary school children from around the county that had been identified as ‘gifted and talented’, in conjunction with Grantham-based sports charity Inspire+.
- A number of students got involved in an inclusive rounders project which lead to the creation of a festival that took place on 23rd February.
- The School is now the sports science provider for the Godfrey Bikewear Race Team and have started providing regular physiological testing.
Thank you everyone for your contributions to the School’s success!